Colloquium Course: Discoveries in Bioscience
|Periode:||Semester 1 & 2|
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
Succesfully finished the courses Fundamentals of MCB and Orientation on MCB research, and established a concept MCB MSc program signed by the MCB coordinator. Furthermore, approval by the course coordinator is required before the anticipated start (see registration form in Course Documents).
Over a period of about a year students follow lectures revealing the state of the art in MCB research. Several exciting overview lectures are scheduled that are compulsory for everyone.
To obtain an overview on the state of the art of MCB research, and to practice making a summary of a scientific lecture.
An advanced MSc student with a broad theoretical background on a range of MCB research topics, and is able to comprehend and summarize seminars by MCB specialists.
The course can be entered at any time, and has no fixed time table.
Minimally 6 sessions = 2 EC. Maximally 27 sessions = 9 EC (see also mode of instruction)
Mode of instruction
Colloquia pre-approved for MCB are:
• BSI lectures (BioScience Initiative van Leeuwenhoek lectures): Once a month (Thursday, 4.00 pm) 1 lecture = 1 session
• ‘This week Discoveries’, Faculty of Sciences colloquia: Once a week (Tuesday, lunchtime) 2 lectures = 1 session
• ‘Spotlight on Biology’ IBL lectures: Once each month (Thursday, lunchtime) 2 lectures = 1 session
• Genetic Colloquia LUMC: Once each month 1 lecture = 1 session
• Visiting scientist in the field of MCB: ad hoc 1 lecture = 1 session
New opportunities will be highlighted on Black board and at websites (e.g. IBL, Faculty of Sciences).
Writing a short report (maximally 1 page/session): send report by email within 2 weeks of attended seminar to the course coordinator. Please also keep a backup of the file in case the email gets lost.
New opportunities will be highlighted on Black board.
Send an email to the coordinator:
Prof. dr. H.P. Spaink, email@example.com
Exchange and Study Abroad students, please see the Prospective students website for more information on how to apply.
Prof. dr. H.P. Spaink: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Biology: Molecular and Cellular Biosciences||Master||1 & 2|