Spanish - Beginners
|Periode:||Semester 1 & 2, Blok I, II, III, IV||Onderwijstijd in uren
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
This course is organised around interactive and communicative activities that will allow students to build all language skills in the most effective way. Class proceedings will focus on submerging students in real-world Spanish language.
Grammatical structures and vocabulary will also be integrated into the learning process in meaningful contexts. Furthermore an important aspect of the course will be the cultural knowledge about Spain and Latin America, with a strong emphasis on intercultural communication.
In terms of the CEFR of the Council of Europe, by the end of this course students will have reached the A2 level:
- be able to understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc;
- to deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken;
- to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions.
A2 learning outcomes
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Once available, timetables will be published here.
Mode of instruction
Communication in Spanish will be encouraged from the outset and classes will be conducted primarily in Spanish, enabling students to learn and practice the new grammatical structures and vocabulary covered in each session. In order to develop and consolidate skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing, classes will be highly interactive.
Students will often work in pairs or groups to practice their language skills.
During the course, students will give oral presentations about different topics, according to their increasing level of knowledge.
Assessment will be a combination of written and spoken assignments and exams.
Assessment: In-class participation
Assessment: Listening Comprehension Exam
Deadline: Week 4 and 12 (to be confirmed)
Assessment: Grammar & Vocabulary & Reading Comprehension Exam
Deadline: Week 7 and 14 (to be confirmed)
Assessment: Oral presentations & discussions
Deadline: Week 8 and 16 (to be confirmed)
There will be a Blackboard site available for this course. Students will be enrolled at least one week before the start of classes.
- Ainciburu, M.C., VÍA RÁPIDA, Curso intensivo de español, Libro del alumno, Difusión, Barcelona, 2011. Libro de Alumno + 2 CD Audio. ISBN:9789460301964
- Ainciburu, M.C., VÍA RÁPIDA, Cuaderno de Ejercicios, Difusión, Barcelona, 2011. ISBN:9789460301971
- The Oxford, Collins, or Larousse bilingual dictionary (2008 edition or later)
Students must purchase the course books before the beginning of the course
This course is open to LUC students and LUC exchange students. Registration is coordinated by the Curriculum Coordinator. Interested non-LUC students should contact email@example.com.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Languages (LUC)||Keuzepakket||1 & 2||I, II, III, IV|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges||Bachelor||1 & 2||I, II, III, IV|