French - Elementary
|Periode:||Semester 2, Blok III, IV||Onderwijstijd in uren
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
French – Beginners or equivalent basic knowledge of French: A1/A2 (Common European Framework). Students who do not meet this prerequisite should contact the instructor regarding the required competencies before course allocation.
French Elementary: Objectif Diplomatie is a French language course for students who have reached A1/A2 CEFR level. It enables French to be learned in the context of European and international relations and thus is of use to (aspiring) diplomats, international civil servants etc. This course offers a fast and practical method of learning French which is based on the completion of assignments specific to the needs of the target audience. The textbooks are divided into units, each of which contains situations for developing oral and written skills, information about European and International Institutions. The end level is B1.
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Once available, timetables will be published here.
Mode of instruction
This course builds up the language skills of students who have already a basic knowledge of French and develops the full range of communication skills in speaking, reading, listening and writing. Course contents are grammar practice, vocabulary building, listening, speaking and writing activities. The course based on language learning books, requires a lot of self-study at home. The method of teaching is communicative and classes will be conducted primarily in French. A blackboard site will support the course, hosting a toolbox, course outline+weekly overview, assignments and assessment.
- Listening comprehension exams: 20%, Weeks 6+13 (TBC)
- Oral presentations + discussions: 20%, Weeks 7+15 (TBC)
- Written exams (4x): reading/vocabulary/grammar/creative writing: 50% (together). Weeks 4+7+11+15 (TBC)
- Evaluations and in class participation/homework: 10%, On-going
There will be a Blackboard site available for this course. Students will be enrolled at least one week before the start of classes.
- Objectif Diplomatie 1 Le Français des relations européennes et internationales(+CD)*, L. Riehl, M. Soignet, M. Amiot, Hachette, ISBN 978-2-01-155547-2
- French Grammar Drills, for Advanced-Beginners and Intermediaire learners, second edition, Eliane Kurbegov, ed. Mc Graw Hill, ISBN 978-0-07-178949-3.
This course is open to LUC students and LUC exchange students. Registration is coordinated by the Curriculum Coordinator. Interested non-LUC students should contact email@example.com.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Languages (LUC)||Keuzepakket||2||III, IV|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges||Bachelor||2||III, IV|