Spanish - Intermediate
|Periode:||Semester 1, Blok I, II||Onderwijstijd in uren
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
Spanish – Elementary LUC and/or Level B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Students that do not meet this prerequisite should contact the instructor regarding the required competencies before course allocation.
The goal of this course is to consolidate and expand the fundamentals of Spanish language acquired at the level of Spanish Elementary. The course aims to develop language skills in five areas: reading, listening, speaking, writing and cultural competence. Grammatical structures and vocabulary will also be integrated into the learning process in meaningful contexts. Furthermore an important aspect of the course will be the cultural knowledge about Spain and Latin America, with a strong emphasis on intercultural communication. The end level is B2.
In terms of the CEFR of the Council of Europe, at the end of this course the student
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Once available, timetables will be published here.
Mode of instruction
This course will be delivered in Spanish. Students are expected to use the target language as a means of communication in the classroom. Each session will aim to develop the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
The classes will be highly interactive and students will often work in pairs or groups to practice their language skills.
The final grade will be calculated according to the following grade breakdown:
Assessment: In-class participation
Assessment: Listening Comprehension Exam
Deadline: Week 4 – 12 (to be confirmed)
Assessment: Grammar & Vocabulary & Reading Comprehension
Deadline: Week 7 – 14 (to be confirmed)
Assessment: Discussions & presentations
Deadline: Throughout the semester
Deadline: Week 8 – 16 (to be confirmed) and throughout the semester
There will be a Blackboard site available for this course. Students will be enrolled at least one week before the start of classes.
- Destino ERASMUS 2, Estudios Hispánicos Universidad de Barcelona, SGEL, 2008. ISBN 9788497784146 (book + CD)
- A bilingual dictionary (Oxford, Collins, or Larousse )
- Additional assigned reading material (lecturas en español)
Students must purchase the course books before the beginning of the course
This course is open to LUC students and LUC exchange students. Registration is coordinated by the Curriculum Coordinator. Interested non-LUC students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Languages (LUC)||Keuzepakket||1||I, II|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges||Bachelor||1||I, II|