French - Advanced
|Periode:||Semester 2, Blok III, IV||Onderwijstijd in uren
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
French – Intermediate or an equivalent knowledge of French: B2 (Common European Framework). Students who do not meet this prerequisite should contact the instructor regarding the required competencies before course allocation.
French Advanced is a French language course for upper intermediate level students.(B2 CEFR). This course is aimed at advanced learners who wish to develop the four language skills: reading,,writing, listening and speaking. This course can also serve as preparation for the French Ministry of Education DALF C1 (diplôme approfondi de langue française). For more information visit the website of The Alliance Française La Haye. The end level is C1.
The required competences for a C1 language level (CEFR) can be described as follows:
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Once available, timetables will be published here.
Mode of instruction
The course is based on language learning books, requires a lot of self-study at home. The method of teaching is communicative and classes will be conducted in French. A blackboard site will support the course, hosting a toolbox, course outline+weekly overview, assignments and assessment.
- Listening comprehension exam: 20 , Weeks 6+12 (TBC), each counting for 10
- Oral presentations +discussions: 20%, Weeks 7+14 (TBC), each counting for 10%
- Written exam: reading/vocabulary/grammar/creative writing: 40%, Weeks 7+14 (TBC), each counting for 20%
- Compositions (1000 words): 20%, Weeks 8+16 (TBC), each counting for 10%
There will be a Blackboard site available for this course. Students will be enrolled at least one week before the start of classes.
- Réussir le DELF B2 », Auréliane Baptiste et Roselyne Marty, éditions Didier, Paris 2010. ISBN 978-2-27806450-2
- Réussir le DALF C1-C2 (cahier+cd)*, D. Chevalier-Wixler, Didier ISBN: 9782278061013
- Grammaire progressive du Français avec 400 exercices, Niveau avancé +Corrigés*, CLE International M. Boularès/ J.Frérot
This course is open to LUC students and LUC exchange students. Registration is coordinated by the Curriculum Coordinator. Interested non-LUC students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Languages (LUC)||Keuzepakket||2||III, IV|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges||Bachelor||2||III, IV|