Special Topics in Digital Humanities
|Periode:||Semester 1 / 2, Blok II, IV|
- Wel Keuzevak
- Wel Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
The class is restricted to BA3 students taking either the 15 or 30 EC package in Digital Humanities.
In this course students will deepen their understanding of core problems in digital humanities and gain further experience in one or more of the methodologies learned in the core courses through the development of a digital project of their own chosing. Students will meet with an advisor to develop their projects and as a group to comment on each other’s work.
Students will apply and refine skills learned in other core courses by developing a digital project. Possible skills include data visualization, data analysis, website construction, and so forth.
Mode of instruction
Attendance and active participation are obligatory for seminars. Students are required to prepare for and attend all sessions. The convenors need to be informed without delay of any classes missed for a good reason (i.e. due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness, family issues, problems with residence permits, the Dutch railways in winter, etc.). In these cases it is up to the discretion of the convener(s) of the course whether or not the missed class will have to be made up with an extra assignment. The maximum of such absences during a semester is two. Being absent without notification and/or more than two times can result in exclusion from the term end exams and a failing grade for the course.
Total course load 5 x 28 hours=140 hours
* Seminar: 6 x 2 (12 hours)
* Study of compulsory literature: (40 hours)
* Research (or analogous activity): (40 hours)
* Paper/project preparation and writing: (40 hours)
* Oral presentation prep: (8 hours)
- Paper (or online project)
- Oral Presentation based on paper/project
- Participation in seminar discussions
- Attendance and Participation: (20 percent of grade)
- Paper (or online project): (60 percent of grade)
- Oral Presentation: (20 percent of grade)
Blackboard will be used for:
* Course communication
The readings will be assigned according to the focus of each student’s project.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Digital Humanities||Minor||1 / 2||II, IV|