Molecular Chemistry (MC)
|Periode:||Semester 1, Blok I|
- Wel Keuzevak
- Wel Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
Molecular Chemistry 2016-2017
Molecular Chemistry is a core course for MSc LST students. Note:this course is not intended for master students with a BSc MST !
Basic knowledge of organic chemistry (BSc in Life Science and Technology or a related discipline).
Fundamental concepts of organic chemistry, such as acidity, basicity, conjugation, aromaticity are discussed. The most common transformations and corresponding mechanisms are explained and illustrated with examples of reaction that are used in the total synthesis of natural compounds or are part of biological processes.
After the course the student should be able to:
- Application of fundamental concepts of organic chemistry;
- Prediction of the structure of product of common reactions;
- Can explain the mechanism of these reactions in terms of electron movement and/or participating orbitals;
- Design a synthesis for a small molecule;
- Understand region- and stereoselectivity of common organic reactions;
Organic Chemistry, 2nd edition, Clayden, Greeves and Warren
Written exam (“closed book”)
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Life Science and Technology||Master||1||I|