|Periode:||Semester 1, Blok II|
- Wel Keuzevak
- Wel Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
Organisational behaviour explains and predicts the human behaviour in the organisation which is influenced by individuals, groups/teams, and structures. By investigating behavior within these three different levels of influence, organizations improve interactions among employees and can better understand performance in the workplace.
In this course students learn about the relationships between organisations and human beings to improve organisations’ effectiveness. More specifically, through lectures, case study seminars, readings, and assignments, students learn what people do in an organisation and how their behaviour affects the organisation’s performance. This course which addresses the individual, group and organisational levels, includes the main topics of motivation, leader behaviour and power, interpersonal communication, learning, attitude development and perception, conflict, work design, and work stress.
This course is intended for anyone interested in working in industry as an entrepreneur, manager, consultant, analyst, or investor.
By focusing on behaviour in organisations this course helps students learn the skills that managers need to increase and improve the organisational relationships and performance. These include the concepts of diversity in organisations, attitude and job satisfaction, emotions and moods, personality and values, motivation, decision making, work teams, communication, leadership, conflict and negotiation, and organisational culture.
This course provides students training in the use of organisational behaviour concepts and framework for understanding behaviour in the organisation. At the end of the course students will be able to:
* develop and improve their knowledge on organisational behaviour through frameworks and models related to behaviour, attitudes and performance in organisations;
* perform analyses to identify causes and consequences of current behaviour in the organisation;
* explain how behaviour can influence an organisation's performance positively or negatively;
* gain a foundation to manage people in organisations effectively
- Course: Wednesday and Friday 10:00 – 12:00 hrs, November 15th – December 15th 2017
- Exam: 10:00 – 13:00 hrs, December 22nd 2017
Mode of instruction
10 3 hour seminars
3 hour exam
Final exam (70%); assignments (30%)
Please register via Usis and this Jotform.
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
Registration Studeren à la carte via: www.hum.leidenuniv.nl/onderwijs/alacarte
Registration Contractonderwijs via: http://www.hum.leidenuniv.nl/onderwijs/contractonderwijs/
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Science Based Business||SBB||1||II|