Integrated Cell Biology (ICB)
|Periode:||Semester 2, Blok III|
- Wel Keuzevak
- Wel Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
Elective course in the MSc Chemistry and Life Science and Technology
BSc in LST or MST
The course Integrated Cell Biology (ICB) is a one week crash course on cell culture, providing theoretical background in the morning, followed by practical work aiming at quickly learning cell culture skills and essential applications. All theoretical and experimental topics will be centred around the lysosome.
At the end of the course students:
• will have theoretical knowledge on the various forms of cell & tissue culture (both past and future)
• will have mastered the essentials of cell culture
• will have knowledge on various crucial cell culture read outs (immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, FACS analysis and viability assays)
• will be able to set up a cell culture experiment
• will have additional training in essay and report writing
Mode of instruction
Lectures, hands on cell culture experiments and application and self-study (assay preparation).
Schedule information can be found on the website of the programmes.
Relevant publications and experimental protocols will be provided in pdf format via blackboard. An optional textbook suggestion: Mummery, C., v.d. Stolpe, A., Roelen, B., Clevers, H. (2014) Stem Cells: Scientific Facts and Fiction. 2nd edition. Academic Press. ISBN:9780124115514.
Students submit a short essay (1000 words) within the “Classical Cell Culture Experiments (CCCE)” theme and a practicals report written in article style (3000 words). Both submissions via Turnitin in Blackboard. The final mark will be composed as such: 40% literature essay + 40% practical report + 20% impression practical and theoretical skills.
Information about the lecturer
Register for this course via blackboard
For more information on how to sign up for classes
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Life Science and Technology||Master||2||III|