- Wel Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
The student should be fluent in C/C++ programming.
Multimedia systems is a wide and diverse area. In this course we focus on the scientific view of multimedia systems as presented in top major conferences and journals and we provide advice, support and guidance for a final project that will be distributed (or placed online) to the public.
The intention is to focus on current research trends such as social computing, speech recognition, robotics, and computer vision and gain insight into what is novel from a modern scientific perspective. From a practical standpoint, the technologies may be areas where the student will do further research, take in-depth courses in the specific area (i.e. Speech Understanding) or be used as components for future multimedia systems.
At the end of the Multimedia Systems course, the student should be able to
- understand how scientific researchers view multimedia systems
- have insight into the state-of-the-art in the prominent areas of scientific multimedia research including social computing, advanced Internet technologies, speech recognition, robotics, computer vision, video tracking, and biometrics
- have insight into building a multimedia system from diverse core technologies.
- have insight into the challenges and limitations of current multimedia systems
- scientifically evaluate a multimedia system
- build a prototype multimedia system
The most recent timetable can be found at the students' website.
Mode of instruction
- student discussions
- homework and software assignments
The final grade is composed of
(1) Multimedia Project (60% of grade).
(2) Future Vision Project (10% of grade)
(3) Homework and problem sets (30% of grade)
Research papers from recent ACM conferences and journals.
- You have to sign up for courses and exams (including retakes) in uSis. Check this link for information about how to register for courses.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Computer Science: Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics||Master||1|
|Computer Science: Computer Science and Business Studies||Master||1|
|Computer Science: Computer Science and Education||Master||1|
|Computer Science: Computer Science and Science Communication and Society||Master||1|