|Periode:||Semester 1 / 2, Blok I, III||Onderwijstijd in uren
- Wel Keuzevak
- Wel Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Wel A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
This course focuses on crucial issues and developments that define the field of strategic marketing as it is today. The word “strategic” refers both to the essentiality of marketing to an organisation’s revenue model and to our particular focus on how decision-makers in the field of marketing make the choices that they do, when operating under limited information and with uncertain outcomes. Attention is given to changes made possible by the revolution in ICT that began several decades ago, which are continuing to reshape and redefine the role of marketing and how it is done. The job of marketing manager has changed so much over the past several years that it is a simple truism to state that a CV that was valid at the beginning of the millennium is no longer relevant today.
The classroom experience is interactive and one in which students contribute to each other’s learning, through the sharing of experiences, interpretations and perspectives. We explore and develop themes in strategic marketing using the case study method, which engages students in the simulation of managerial decision-making processes. The course should be useful to anyone who might wish to become an entrepreneur, work in a business environment, or for an NGO; for those who may wish to merge backgrounds in science, technology, medical areas, or academia, and a business career; and for those who seek bridges of understanding between their future careers and the world of business.
This course provides students with the knowledge, concepts, tools, and mind-set needed to achieve a clear and practical understanding of the field of strategic marketing management as it is today. Furthermore, it provides students with a firm basis for continual learning. At the end of the course, students will be able to:
* fluently discuss and integrate contemporary understandings of core concepts in marketing and branding;
* assess and design complete marketing plans and strategies that apply to real world organisations;
* assess and apply models and tools that involve the marketing of innovation as well as marketing in new situations (e.g. breaking the rules of how marketing has been done);
* formulate advice to enable new venture and established organizations to optimize marketing strategies.
* Course: September 17th – October 15th 2018
* Exam: October 22nd 2018, 14:00 – 17:00 hrs
* Retake: January 15th 2019 14:00 – 17:00 hrs
* Course: February 15th – March 22nd 2019
* Exam: March 29th 2019, 10:00 – 13:00 hrs
* Retake: August 20th 2019, 14:00 – 17:00 hrs
Please check the latest version of the schedule on the SBB website.
Mode of instruction
The course emphasises small-scale, interactive teaching that focuses on real-life case studies. Students will be debriefed, in hindsight, on what really happened.
- 6 3-hour seminars
- Case preparation before each seminar
- Final 3-hour exam
- Class participation (20%)
- Group assignments (30%)
- Final exam (50%)
Yes (students will be enrolled in Blackboard one month before the start of the course).
A study pack with course readings and case studies can be purchased at the start of the course. More information will follow on Blackboard after registration.
Students have to register for the course in uSis. The registration in uSis for 2018-2019 will open two months before the start of the academic year. Click here for instructions.
There is limited capacity for external students. Please contact the programme coordinator.
More information on the different types of registration can be found here.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Business Studies||Science Based Business||1 / 2||I, III|