- Wel Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
Coordinator: Marianne Sinnige
The emphasis in the coarse food chemistry will be on molecules and chemical reactions. The topics are
- Enzymatic reactions
- Caramelisation and oxidation reactions
- Maillard reactions
- Chemistry of gels
Student are able to:
- Describe in their own words which molecules and chemical reactions play a fundamental role in cooking.
- Comment on a given scientific paper about chemical reactions in relation to food and cooking
- Understand the formation of gels in food chemistry
- Students know and understand the basic chemical reactions in relation to food and cooking
- Students can document and present results.
Period: September – January
Or: February - June
Mode of instruction
Blackboard will be used for communication and exchange of documents
Will be provided
This course is part of the programme Science of Cooking, a student is required to follow all course included in this programme.
To register for this programme send an email with cv and motivation letter via email@example.com. Deadline for registration is 15th of June 2018.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|