Orientation on From Cells to Organisms
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
This course is for MSc students in Biology.
Coordinator: Dr. M.J.M. Schaaf
Lectures will be given by group leaders teaching in the From Cells to Organisms specialisation, concentrated around the following themes: Molecular biology, Cell Biology, Development, Physiology and pathology, Behaviour and interaction with the environment, and Integration of different organization levels. The lectures will provide an integrated overview on the research topics studied in the From Cells to Organisms specialisation and will highlight the key scientific questions in the research fields covered by this specialisation. At the end of the course the students will write an essay on the two topics that they found most interesting.
- To provide students with an overview of the research fields covered by the From cells to Organisms specialisation
- To introduce them to the basic concepts and the key scientific questions covered by those research fields
- To familiarize students with the research and methods used within the research groups participating in the From cells to Organisms specialisation
- To facilitate the choice for a first MSc research project, and to enable the planning of a concept program for the 2-years MSc specialisation
A starting MSc student has an overview of research fields, basic scientific concepts, key scientific questions, research topics, and research methods connected with From cells to Organisms specialisation. This will allow him/her to make well-informed choices for establishing his/her concept MSc study program and arranging his/her first research project.
The Orientation course is integrated with the Advanced Statistics course from 3 September 2018 to 28 September 2018. The schedule can be found on the e-prospectus. Programme details will be announced via Blackboard.
Mode of instruction
The students will write an essay on two topics of choice.
The schedule for this course and powerpoints of the lectures will be placed on blackboard.
Via USIS and enroll in Blackboard
Exchange and Study Abroad students, please see the Prospective students website for more information on how to apply.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Biology: Biology and Business Studies||Master||1|
|Biology: Biology and Education||Master||1|
|Biology: Biology and Science Communication & Society||Master||1|
|Biology: From Cells To Organisms||Master||1|
|Biology: General Biology Programme (no research specialisation)||Master||1|