Orientation on Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Wel Exchange
- Wel Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
This course is for MSc students in Biology.
Coordinator: Dr. D. Claessen
Researchers from within our Institute and active in the field of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology will provide an overview of the exciting research projects performed in their groups, and will highlight the outstanding scientific research questions. This will help the students to make an educated decision for a research project as part of their MSc program.
- To provide students with a good insight into the various research topics of the groups active in the field of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology
- To provide students with the basic concepts and the key scientific questions covered by those research fields
- To provide students with up-to-date knowledge on the state of the art in these fields.
- To facilitate the choice for a first MSc research project, and to enable the planning of a concept program for the 2-years MSc specialisation.
A starting MSc student has an overview of research fields, basic scientific concepts, key scientific questions, research topics, and research methods connected with the Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology specialisation. This will allow him/her to make well-informed choices for establishing his/her concept MSc study program and arranging his/her first research project.
The Orientation course is integrated with the Advanced Statistics course from 3 September 2018 to 28 September 2018. The schedule can be found on the e-prospectus. Programme details will be announced via Blackboard.
Mode of instruction
Written motivation about the student’s research interest based on the lectures.
Blackboard will be used for communication.
Via USIS and enroll in Blackboard
Exchange and Study Abroad students, please see the Prospective students website for more information on how to apply.
The coordinator will make individual appointments during the course with all students to help them to coordinate their MSc program.
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Biology: Biology and Business Studies||Master||1|
|Biology: Biology and Education||Master||1|
|Biology: Biology and Science Communication & Society||Master||1|
|Biology: General Biology Programme (no research specialisation)||Master||1|
|Biology: Molecular Genetics & Biotechnology||Master||1|