|Periode:||Semester 1||Onderwijstijd in uren
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
This course will help students gain an overview of the field of computer science, how it fits into the academic and business landscape, and its impact upon society. It will also introduce students to specific interests of researchers at LIACS.
An important goal of this course is to instil the idea that computer science is a scientific discipline and therefore requires analytical thinking and scientific presentation of results. Students will gain experience in scientific communication and scientific writing.
- Introduce students to the field of computer science and research activities at LIACS
- Demonstrate career possibilities for computer scientists in business and industry, by learning from the experiences of computer science professionals
- Introduce students to the scientific presentation of results and scientific communication skills
- Examine and critique current events in the field
Het meest recente rooster is te vinden op de Studenten-website:
- Guest lectures
- Writing assignments
This course has no final exam. Assessment is based on the successful completion of all practical assignments and on attendance and participation in workshops and lectures.
Links to reading material and course literature will be provided on the course website throughout the course.
There is limited space for students who are not enrolled in the BSc programme of Computer Science or the Minor Data Science. Please contact the study coordinator/study adviser.
Onderwijscoördinator Informatica, Riet Derogee
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|