|Periode:||Semester 1, Blok II|
- Geen Keuzevak
- Geen Contractonderwijs
- Geen Exchange
- Geen Study Abroad
- Geen Avondonderwijs
- Geen A-la-Carte en Aanschuifonderwijs
- Geen Honours Class
The internship comprises +- 10 weeks abroad. During the internship the students will work on an assignment, which can be more academically or more practically oriented. Students are divided into groups of three, ideally with one student from each university. In this way, they bring together their knowledge base and integrate it with that of the others.
Internship vacancies will be arranged and guaranteed before students start with the minor. Students who already know they will follow part B of the Minor will choose their internship in an early stage (during Part A of the Minor) in order to allow for proper preparation and arrangements. The students have to finance the internship (travel, accommodation and living costs) themselves, unless part of the costs is covered by the host organization. The latter only applies to board and lodging costs. The costs involved for an internship are to a large extent country and context specific but between 2,500 and 3,000 Euros is a realistic estimate of the costs involved. Students will be provided with suggestions on where to find opportunities to apply for subsidies. In case extra help is necessary, student should contact the minor coordinators who will provide individual support.
The internship takes place from week 47 (starting 19 November 2018) until week 3-4 (14/21 January 2019). Students are guided by three supervisors. Firstly, every group of students receive supervision from their internship supervisor, who is one of the lecturers in Part A of the minor. The internship supervisor provides the students with content focused feedback, so they can successfully finish their internship assignment. Secondly, the internship coordinator supervises all students in Part B on personal, organisational or administrative issues. Thirdly, a local supervisor supports the students in their host country.
After the internship students are able to:
• Apply and extend the knowledge and skills acquired in the theoretical part of the minor in a specific context and practical assignment;
• Collaborate with other students with a different (disciplinary/study) background;
• Clearly define and shape the contribution of their own field in solving a specific problem of frugal innovation (scientific or other);
• Work in a different cultural environment from their own;
• Show an open mind and attitude which is sensitive to different cultural contexts;
• Communicate and present on frugal innovation to academic and non-academic audiences.
Mode of instruction
Individual supervision, global classrooms.
280 total hours of study, fully spent abroad.
• The ‘outcome’ of the internship
• Written assignment: an individual internship report in which the student reflects on his or her own contribution to the outcome of the internship and on his/her learning objectives previously formulated in the internship plan.
• Assessment by the host on performance of the student
Final grade: 50% ‘outcome of the internship’, 30% individual internship report + 20 % assessment by the host.
The final grades for the outcome, individual internship report and assessment by the host should be 6,0 or higher. Together they should be a 6,0 or higher to pass the course.
A re-sit for the internship is not possible.
In this course, Blackboard and Global Classrooms are used to share information, and to make course materials available.
Background materials that can help the students to gain a better insight in the context and background of the internship assignments. These materials will be provided by the internship supervisor and/or the host.
You can register for the whole minor and for each individual course in uSis.
If you have questions, please contact the minor coordinators (André Leliveld, Emma Hesselink and Maaike Westra) at email@example.com
|Maakt deel uit van||Soort opleiding||Semester||Blok|
|Frugal Innovation for Sustainable Global Development||Minor||1||II|