Structure: Japanese Grammar II
|Period:||Semester 2, Block III, IV|
- Yes Elective choice
- Yes Contractonderwijs
- Yes Exchange
- No Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- Yes A la Carte
- No Honours Class
This unit will focus on developing students’ knowledge of the basic grammar of Japanese. Lectures on various aspects of Japanese grammar and sentence patterns will be provided together with limited practical exercises. Students will be able to confirm their understanding of basic grammar and expand their vocabulary through these tasks. In addition, lectures will provide opportunities for students to view the Japanese language and their learning experiences from the wider (and more theoretical) context of linguistics.
Lectures and limited practical exercises.
Japanese studies students. Other students are also welcome to enroll but they must buy the required course books and be able to read kana and elementary kanji.
Understanding of basic elements of Japanese grammar and sentence patterns.
1) Minna no Nihongo II Honsatsu (Main Textbook Kanji-kana version) (zie bijv. http://www.3anet.co.jp/english/books/books_01.html), 3A corporation 1998 (or newer edition) (ISBN 4-88319-103-6).
2) Minna no Nihongo II Honyaku・Bunpo Kaisetsu in English (Translation & Grammatical Notes in English), 3A corporation 1998 (or newer edition) (ISBN 4-88319-108-7).
3) Bunt, Jonathan. Oxford Japanese Grammar & Verbs, Oxford University Press, Oxford 2003 (ISBN 978-0-19-860382-5) (or newer edition).
Written examination at the end of the term on grammar and vocabulary.
Structure & Relative weights:
Taalverwerving Ia (5+ 5+ 5 ects = 15 ec):
Taalkundige structuur I, 5691VTJGAY (Structure: Japanese Grammar I) (5 ec):
- Grammatica: 70%
- Vocabulaire: 30%
Taalbeheersing I (5 ec) 5691VTATAY:
- Conversatie & Luistervaardigheid I: 60%
- Kanji-introductie I: 40%
Teksten: Beginners niveau I (5 ec) 5691VTMTAY: 100%
Check Links on the first page of the Japanese Studyguide 2010-2011
Please contact Mw. Dr. R.J. Länsisalmi
Enrollment via uSis is mandatory.
For more information about enrollment check Links on the first page of the Japanese Studyguide 2010-2011
Grammar notes and slides, course schedule.
Students can progress within a skill. Meaning that in order to be able to take for example BA2 1st semester Conversatie & luistervaardigheid, students must first have completed:
(1) BA1 Taalverwerving Ia/Taalbeheersing I/Conversatie & Luistervaardigheid I
(2) BA1 Taalverwerving Ib/Taalbeheersing II/Conversatie & Luistervaardigheid II
In order to advance to the 2nd semester of BA3, ALL other language courses must be completed first.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Keuzepakket Japanse studies||Modular||2||III, IV|
|Languages and Cultures of Japan||Bachelor||2||III, IV|