Biomedical Informatics (BMI)
|Catalog number:||4423BMINF (BMI)|
|Period:||Semester 1, Block I|
- No Elective choice
- Yes Contractonderwijs
- Yes Exchange
- Yes Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
Core course in MSc Life Science and Technology, elective course MSc Chemistry
This course consists of the following main topics:
1. Computational analysis of genomic data (genome assemblies, genome-scale alignments, genomic context analysis, SNP data analysis)
2. Evolution and diversity of human genome.
3. Medical Genomics (biomarker identification, epigenetics, disease-associated genes, human pathogen data, gut metagenomics).
4. Computational analysis of biopolymers (structure predictions, biomolecular engineering, functional annotation of proteins, protein design).
5. Cheminformatics, data mining of biologically active compounds, searching for drugs and drug targets.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Life Science and Technology||Master||1||I|