|Period:||Semester 1, Block I, II||Hours of study:||102:00 hrs|
- No Elective choice
- No Contractonderwijs
- No Exchange
- No Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
French Beginners is a French task-based language course for students with no knowledge of the French language. This course will provide students with sets of grammatical, lexical and phonological items. Communicative tasks will be used to develop speaking, reading, listening and writing skills. An important aspect of the course will be the culture knowledge of French and other French-speaking countries.
The French language course for beginners aims at the A1/A2 level of the Common European Framework (CEFR). That means at least these skills:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Once available, timetables will be published here.
Mode of instruction
This course builds up the language skills of students who have no basic knowledge of French and develops the full range of communication skills in speaking, reading, listening and writing. Course contents are grammar practice, vocabulary building, listening, speaking and writing activities. The course is based on language learning books, requires a lot of self-study at home. The method of teaching is communicative and classes will be conducted primarily in French. A Blackboard site will support the course, hosting a toolbox, course outline+weekly overview, assignments and assessment.
- Listening comprehension exams: 20%, Week 6+12 (TBC), each exam counts for 10%
- Oral presentations+discussions: 20%, Week 7+14 (TBC), each counts for 10%
- Written exams: reading/vocabulary/grammar/creative writing: 50%, Weeks 3+7+10+14, each exam contributing for 12,5% (TBC)
- Evaluations and in class participation/homework: 10%, On-going
There will be a Blackboard site available for this course. Students will be enrolled at least one week before the start of classes.
- Version originale 1. Méthode de français. Livre de l‘élève* Monique Denyer e.a., ISBN 9789460301667
- Version originale 1. Cahier d’exercices, ISBN 9788484435617
- Grammaire progressive du français niveau débutant*, 2e édition avec 440 exercices + cd audio , CLE International, ISBN 978-209-038114-6
- CORRIGÉS, Grammaire progressive du français niveau débutant, 2e édition, avec 440 exercices, CLE International, ISBN 978-2090381153
This course is open to LUC students and LUC exchange students. Registration is coordinated by the Curriculum Coordinator. Interested non-LUC students should contact email@example.com.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Languages (LUC)||Modular||1||I, II|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges||Bachelor||1||I, II|