|Period:||Semester 1, Block I, II||Hours of study:||102:00 hrs|
- No Elective choice
- No Contractonderwijs
- No Exchange
- No Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
French – Elementary or an equivalent knowledge of French: B1 (Common European Framework). Students who do not meet this prerequisite should contact the instructor regarding the required competencies before course allocation.
French Intermediate Objectif Diplomatie 2 is a French language course for students who are elementary level students (B1 CEFR). It enables French to be learnt in the context of European and international relations and thus is of use to diplomats, international civil servants etc. This course offers a fast and practical method of learning French which is based on the completion of assignments specific to the needs of the target audience. The textbook is divided into units, each of which contains situations for developing oral and written skills, information about European and International Institutions. The end level is B2.
The required competences for a B2 (upper-intermediate) language level can be described as follows:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Once available, timetables will be published here.
Mode of instruction
This course builds up the language skills of students who have already an elementary knowledge of French and develops the full range of communication skills in speaking, reading, listening and writing. Course contents are grammar practice, vocabulary building, listening, speaking and writing activities. The course based on language learning books, requires a lot of self-study at home. The method of teaching is communicative and classes will be conducted primarily in French. A Blackboard site will support the course, hosting a toolbox, course outline+weekly overview, assignments and assessment.
- Listening comprehension exams: 20%, Weeks 7+14 (TBC), each counting for 10%
- Oral presentations + discussions: 20%, Weeks 7+14 (TBC), each counting for 10%
- Written exam: reading, vocabulary, grammar: 40%, Weeks 3+7+10+14 (TBC), each counting for 10%
- Compositions (500 words): 10%, Weeks 8+ 16 (TBC) , each counting for 5%
- Tests/homework: 10%, On-going
There will be a Blackboard site available for this course. Students will be enrolled at least one week before the start of classes.
- Objectif Diplomatie 2 (B1/B2) Le Français des relations européennes et internationales (+CD), M. Soignet, Hachette ISBN : 978-2011555571
- Grammaire Progressive du Français, Niveau Intermédiaire, 3ème édition, avec 680 exercices, M.Grégoire CLE International ISBN : 978-2090381245
- Corrigés Grammaire Progressive du français Niveau Intermédiaire 3ème édition, avec 680 exercices*, CLE International ISBN: 978-3125298774
This course is open to LUC students and LUC exchange students. Registration is coordinated by the Curriculum Coordinator. Interested non-LUC students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Languages (LUC)||Modular||1||I, II|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges||Bachelor||1||I, II|