|Period:||Semester 1||Hours of study:||26:00 hrs|
- Yes Elective choice
- Yes Contractonderwijs
- Yes Exchange
- Yes Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
The student should be fluent in C/C++ programming.
Multimedia systems is a wide and diverse area. In this course we focus on the scientific view of multimedia systems as presented in major conferences and journals. The intention is to focus on current research trends such as social computing, speech recognition, robotics, and computer vision and gain insight into what is novel from a modern scientific perspective. From a practical standpoint, the technologies may be areas where the student will do further research, take in-depth courses in the specific area (i.e. Speech Understanding) or be used as components for future multimedia systems.
At the end of the Multimedia Systems course, the student should be able to
- understand how scientific researchers view multimedia systems
- have insight into the state-of-the-art in the prominent areas of scientific multimedia research including social computing, advanced Internet technologies, speech recognition, robotics, computer vision, video tracking, and biometrics
- have insight into building a multimedia system from diverse core technologies.
- have insight into the challenges and limitations of current multimedia systems
- scientifically evaluate a multimedia system
- build a prototype multimedia system
The most recent timetable can be found at the LIACS website
Mode of instruction
- student discussions
- homework and software assignments
The final grade is composed of
(1) Multimedia Project (60% of grade).
(2) Future Vision Project (10% of grade)
(3) Homework and problem sets (30% of grade)
Research papers from recent ACM conferences and journals
You have to sign up for classes and examinations (including resits) in uSis. Check this link for more information and activity codes.
Study coordinator Computer Science, Riet Derogee
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics||Master||1|