Research Project (Computer Science)
- No Elective choice
- No Contractual enrollment
- No Exchange
- No Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
By means of a research project, the student learns to:
- study and understand scientific literature reflecting the latest developments in a specific field of research,
- make an independent analysis of scientific problems,
- interrelate and integrate various areas of the specific field of research,
- write a scientific report/article about the results of his/her analysis of a particular field of research or topic of interest in that field, and
- propose own modifications of existing methods or algorithms or own research ideas based on his/her analysis.
A research project deals with research and innovation. The research conducted in a research project is part of the research focus of the institute. It can involve e.g., writing a survey article covering the latest developments in a field, extending or improving an algorithm and conducting systematic empirical tests, or theoretical work such as analyzing an algorithm or proving a theorem. The student needs to write a scientific report and to give an oral presentation explaining the results of the research project.
The research project is executed under the supervision of a research staff member at LIACS. Research project topics are provided within the master class, as well as by directly speaking with individual supervisors.
- Writing a scientific essay/project report
- Oral presentation
The final mark is composed of the scientific essay/project report and the oral presentation, giving a majority of the weight to the scientific essay.
There is no explicit website for the research project. Potential topics can be found on the web site of the master class.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics||Master||1|