|Period:||Semester 2, Block III, IV|
- No Elective choice
- No Contractonderwijs
- No Exchange
- Yes Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
The goal of the Internship is to allow the student to gain experience as a working statistician through the course of an internship of 7-8 weeks. The Internship environment should mirror a possible future working environment that could be expected for a graduated student from the program.
A student may start the Internship under the following conditions:
- The student has obtained at least 45 ECTS of compulsory courses.
- The Internship project must be accepted by the Program Director: Prof. dr. Jacqueline Meulman, or Internship Coordinator: Dr. Marta Fiocco.
- The student needs to inform the supervisor(s) and the internship coordinator, and program director about courses or resits of exams that need to be taken during the time of the Internship and these should be indicated on the Internship Agreement Form.
- The Internship Agreement form should be completed and signed by student, the supervisor(s), and the scientific coordinator at least one month before the start of the Internship. This form can be found on Black Board.
During the Internship, the student should have 1 contact hour per week (on average) with the first supervisor. If the first supervisor is not available during a particular period of time, the first supervisor is responsible for finding a temporary knowledgeable colleague. The student should have at least 3 contact hours, during the whole project, with the second supervisor (if any).
If there are good reasons for extending the duration of the Internship beyond the 8 weeks limit, this should be communicated to the scientific coordinator at least three weeks before the end of the internship. The decision for granting the extended internship is taken by the scientific coordinator.
Although the actual duration of the internship may exceed 8 weeks, the credit remains 10 ECTS. This includes the writing of the Internship report. The Internship report contains the following elements:
- A short general description of the site where the Internship has been performed (max 500 words)
- A general description of the activities performed during the internship (max 1000 words)
- A description of the generic skills acquired or strengthened (max 1000 words)
- A specific example of a project done during the Internship; for example, a report from a consultation or assignment, or a presentation
- A conclusion (max 500 words)
This document together with the evaluation of the supervisor(s) on the Internship Assessment Form will form the basis of the grade for the Internship.
This form can be found on Black Board.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Statistical Science for the Life & Behavioural Sciences: Data Science||Master||2||III|
|Statistical Science for the Life and Behavioural Sciences||Master||2||III, IV|