Advanced Medicinal Chemistry (AMC)
|Catalog number:||4423ADMC6 (AMC)|
|Period:||Semester 2, Block IV|
- Yes Elective choice
- Yes Contractonderwijs
- Yes Exchange
- Yes Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
Core course in MSc Chemistry – Chemical Biology, elective course MSc Chemistry, MSc Life Science and Technology
Advanced Medicinal Chemistry 2016-2017
The course introduces the students to the theory and methods of medicinal chemistry and its role in drug discovery.
The aims are:
- to raise students’ interest & enthusiasm for the field of medicinal chemistry & drug discovery.
- to give an introduction of the most important concepts and methods used in rational drug design and their application in drug discovery in relation to (molecular) pharmacology, toxicology and structural biology.
- to give the student sufficient background to interpret structure-activity relationships and fundamental principles governing the molecular interactions of a drug with its target.
- to introduce the latest developments and insights in the field of medicinal chemistry & drug discovery.
- to allow students to solve problems that are rooted the biological domain with chemical tools, which are found and optimized through a medicinal chemistry approach.
Basic Principles of Drug Discovery and Development, Benjamin E. Blass ISBN 978-0-12-411508-8, 1st print.
Basic knowledge of protein structure and organic chemistry at the level of Molecular Chemistry/Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|