Technology & Operations Management
|Period:||Semester 1 & 2, Block I, III||Hours of study:||112:00 hrs|
- Yes Elective choice
- Yes Contractonderwijs
- Yes Exchange
- Yes Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- No A la Carte
- No Honours Class
What are the critical challenges in organising a firm’s operational activities and processes? And how can firms use technology to gain an operational edge? This course helps students understand the complex systems and processes underlying the development and manufacture of products and the design and delivery of services.
- How to formalise and analyse operational processes across industries and functional areas
- Challenges involved in terms of integrating operational processes across organisations
- The organisation of the product development process
- The use of IT in optimising operational processes
In this course students will learn about foundational techniques and concepts related to the design, planning, control, and improvement of a firm’s operational processes in manufacturing, service design/delivery, and new product development.
- Course: Monday to Friday 14:00 – 17:00 hrs, October 30th – November 8th 2017
- Exam: November 10th 2017
- Course: Monday to Friday 14:00 – 17:00h, April 3rd – April 12th 2018
- Exam: 14:00 – 17:00 hrs, April 13th 2018
Mode of instruction
8 3 hour lectures
Final 3 hour exam
To be decided
The course emphasises small-scale, interactive teaching that focuses on real-life case studies. Students will be debriefed, in hindsight, on what really happened.
A study pack with course readings and case studies will be provided at the start of the course.
Students who follow the Management track register for the track as a whole via Usis and this Jotform.
Students who want to follow this course as an elective register via Usis and this Jotform.
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
Registration Studeren à la carte via: www.hum.leidenuniv.nl/onderwijs/alacarte
Registration Contractonderwijs via: http://www.hum.leidenuniv.nl/onderwijs/contractonderwijs/
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|
|Science Based Business||SBB||1 & 2||I, III|