|Period:||Semester 2, Block IV||Hours of study:||32:00 hrs|
- Yes Elective choice
- Yes Contractonderwijs
- No Exchange
- No Study Abroad
- No Evening course
- Yes A la Carte
- No Honours Class
Students who are not enrolled in the BA Linguistics should first contact the coordinator of studies, Else van Dijk. Self-enrollment is not allowed for this course.
This course provides a basic overview in subjects and methods of psycholinguistic research. The main aim of the course is to provide an introduction to core areas of psycholinguistics: lexicon, sentence structure, production and perception, as well as language and biology.
- Students gain insights into the most important problems and concepts of language production and sentence comprehension.
- Students become familiar with the most relevant psycholinguistic theories and models of language production and language comprehension.
- Students are introduced to the most important psycholinguistic research methods for language production and language comprehension.
Mode of instruction
- Total time: 140 hours (5 EC) of which:
- Classes: (4 h a week x 7 weeks =) 28 h
- Two exams (mid-term & final): 2 h each
- Reading compulsory literature: 108 h
Two partial multiple choice examinations in written form. Both count for 50% and need to be sufficient.
Both partial examinations can be resat in the same resit.
How and when the examination will take place will be disclosed together with the publication of the exam results at the latest. If a student requests a review within 30 days after publication of the exam results, an exam review will have to be organized.
Blackboard will be used for:
- General announcements
- PowerPoint lecture material
- Any additional literature – within the copyright limits
Trevor A. Harley (2014), The Psychology of Language. From Data to Theory (4th edition), Hove and New York: Psychology Press.
Enrolment through uSis is mandatory.
Students - not registered as students BA Linguistics – who would like to enroll in this course should first contact the coordinator of studies, Else van Dijk
Registration Studeren à la carte and Contractonderwijs
E-mailaddress Education Administration Office van Wijkplaats: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Studies: E.A. van Dijk, MSc
Participation in the course is not obligatory for the examination, but is highly recommended.
|Is part of||Programme type||Semester||Block|