Psychology: Child and Adolescent Psychology, 2015-2016
In the first semester both courses. In the second semester, pick two out of three courses. Complete programme with internship, thesis and elective courses.
|Advanced Psychodiagnostics in Children and Adolescents||1||I, II||5.0||500|
|Behaviour Training with Children||1||I, II||5.0||500|
|Solution Focused Therapy||2||III, IV||5.0||500|
|Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with Young People||2||III, IV||5.0||500|
|Process Diagnosis of Learning Difficulties and Remedial Teaching||2||III, IV||5.0||500|
|Internship Psychology||1 / 2||10 / 20||600|
|Master Thesis in MSc. Psychology||1 / 2||20.0||600|
See overview of all electives for other electives
|Child Neuropsychology: Theory and Assessment of Neurodevelopmental Disorders||1||I||5.0||500|
|Advanced Child and Adolescent Psychiatry||2||IV||5.0||500|
|Transdiagnostic Approach of Eating Disorders||2||IV||5.0||500|
- Regulations: Enrolling, Course and Examination, Master’s diploma and graduation
- Entry requirements Master specialisations
- Post-master vocational training in health care
- Archive e-Prospectus
This is a specialisation of the master’s programme of Psychology.
Children and adolescents may experience a wide range of psychological and educational difficulties. The aim of this Master’s programme is to acquire in depth knowledge about:
- Theoretical models of social and cognitive development and the interplay of risk and protective factors in atypical development.
- Ways to differentiate atypical from typical development and the use of classification systems of childhood disorders.
- Choosing and applying the most appropriate intervention strategy for each problem area.
This Master’s programme offers intensive studies in developmental psychopathology and learning problems, helps students translate theory into practice in addressing the varied needs and difficulties experienced by children and adolescents, fosters the development of key skills for clinical and educational work with young people, and prepares students for entry into Post-Masters training programmes and employment in education and mental health settings.
The focus of the Master’s programme is on psychological and educational problems in childhood and adolescence, but good understanding of atypical development requires a solid understanding of normal development. Access to this Masters programme is therefore limited to students with sufficient background in theories of normal cognitive and social development, i.e. one of the two bachelor courses: Socio-emotional development or Cognitive Intellectual Development. Master’s Programmes – Child and Adolescent Psychology
- The program consists of three parts:
- coursework (20 EC)
- thesis (20 EC)
- an internship (10 or 20 EC).
- If an internship of 10 EC is chosen, electives (10 EC) are compulsory
- For Dutch students it is important to mind the training requirements for post-master vocational training in health care in their choices of courses.
- Information for foreign students (pdf).
Choose up to 10 EC, depending on the length of the Internship, from the elective courses
Students can choose to do an Internship for 10 or 20 EC. An internship for 20 EC includes Organisational, Ethical and Legal Aspects of Health Care and supervision on BAPD-reports. Students of this specialisation can find more information on Blackboard.
For more detailed information about the specialisation Child & Adolescent psychology please contact:
- Harrie Boelens
Tel.: +31 (0)71 527 3697
- Student representative
Purchasing study material
The books are available at a discount via the study association Labyrint on presentation of your Labyrint membership pass. Otherwise they can be bought from academic booksellers.