Linguistics: Italian Language and Linguistics, 2016-2017
This is a specialisation within the MA Linguistics
Students take four 10 EC courses (or equivalent), as follows:
Courses 1 & 2: Any two courses from Italian as a European Language, Italiano L2 e metodi per l’apprendimento dell’italiano come L2, Storia della lingua italiana attraverso i testi
Course 3 & 4: Any course offered within the MA Linguistics, a course on a linguistic subject taught in another MA, a course taught within the MA Literary Studies: Italian Literature and Culture or a course taught within the national MasterLanguage (see below).
|Italian as a European Language||1||I, II||10||500|
|Storia della lingua italiana attraverso i testi||1||I, II||10||500|
|Masterlanguage: Didattica dell’italiano lingua seconda||1||I, II||0|
|Masterlanguage: Narrazioni e memorie di un’Italia divisa||1||I, II||0|
|Masterlanguage: Italiano L2 e fenomeni di contatto||1||I, II||0|
|Masterlanguage: Il canone italiano fuori d’Italia||1||I, II||0|
|Italiano L2 e metodi per l’apprendimento dell’italiano come L2||2||III, IV||10||500|
|MA Thesis Linguistics||2||III, IV||20||600|
|Individual project||1 & 2||I, II, III, IV||10||500|
The MA Linguistics has the following objectives:
1. to enable students to acquire academic knowledge, understanding and skills, and train them in the use of scientific methods in the field of linguistics;
2. to enable students to develop the following academic and professional skills: – independent academic reasoning and conduct, – the ability to analyse complex problems, – academic reporting;
3. to prepare students for an academic career and further education;
4. to prepare students for a career outside academia.
The Master programme in Linguistics (60 EC) offers you the chance to determine a study based on your own particular interests and ambitions. With several specialisations on offer you have the possibility to choose a specific research area.
• Courses from specialisation 30 EC
• Optional Course 10 EC
• MA Thesis 20 EC
Full-time and Part-time
All specialisations are offered in Full-time. English Language and Linguistics, French Language and Linguistics, and Translation in Theory and Practice are offered in Full-time as well as Part-time.
Master thesis and requirements for graduation
In order to start your MA Thesis, you must have earned at least 20 EC. For more detailed information, see: MA Thesis Linguistics.
Requirements for graduation are:
• Successful completion of courses, following the structure of the specific specialisation (40 EC)
• Successful completion of MA Thesis 20 EC
Please note that you are also asked to fulfill certain administrative procedures, as can be found on the MA Linguistics website.
The programme has the following specialisations:
• Chinese Linguistics
• Comparative Indo-European Linguistics
• English Language and Linguistics
• French Language and Linguistics
• German Language and Linguistics
• Italian Language and Linguistics
• Language and Communication
• Language Diversity of Africa, Asia and Native America
• Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics
• Translation in Theory and Practice (Dutch/English)
Masterlanguage is a national network of courses for language students. It offers courses in German, English, French, Italian, Classic languages (Greek and Latin) and Dutch. The course subjects are: language, literature and culture, and are taught in the target language. They take place at the locations of the participating universities.More information can be found at their website.