Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences: Industrial Pharmacy, 2017-2018
Industrial Pharmacy is a pilot specialisation of the Master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutocal Sciences. The specialisation Industrial Pharmacy trains students in safety and quality control in the production of medicinal products, and prepares students for a career in Quality Assurance and Quality Control in the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industry. For this specialisation only a limited number of positions are available. Admission of max. 2 participants (2016-2017) occurs after selection only. The Board of Admissions will judge the candidate’s personal skills (e.g. awareness of responsibility, accuracy, communication skills, methodological approach when analysing complex problems, and motivation) for qualification to the specialisation. A final decision on admission to the specialisation Industrial Pharmacy will be made after completion of at least half of (≥ 22 EC) of the research project at one of the research Divisions of the LACDR (Research Project 1). Please contact the study advisers for more information.
The specialisation Industrial Pharmacy (IP) consists of 60 EC in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and 60 EC in Industrial Pharmacy.
The BPS research component of the Industrial Pharmacy (IP) specialisation consists of:
- the Introduction Course Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences in the specialisation corresponding to the cluster at which Research Project 1 is performed (5 EC)
- a research project of 49 EC in one of the research groups of the LACDR, including 5 EC for a thesis and 2 EC for an oral presentation
- one of the lecture series listed below (4 EC)
- the course Scientific Conduct (1 EC)
- 20 colloquia points (1 EC in total)
The Industrial Pharmacy component of the Industrial Pharmacy (IP) specialisation consists of:
- Internship Quality Control / Quality Assurance, in a Pharmaceutical Company under supervision of a Qualified Person (QP) and an examiner of the LACDR, including Practical Work, Thesis and Oral Presentation (37 EC)
- IP specific courses (23 EC)
Disclaimer: The programme of the specialisation Industrial Pharmacy is under development and may be subject to change.