Computer Science: Computer Science and Science Communication and Society, 2018-2019
The Computer Science and Science Communication and Society (SCS) specialisation concerns science communication in a broad sense. It prepares you for a career in popularisation of science, for example as a science communicator, science policymaker or public relations officer, or for a career as a scientist with a communication mind-set.
The two-year, full-time programme (120 EC) consists of:
- at least 18 EC of Computer Science courses (level 500) chosen in correspondence with the chosen research topic;
- a maximum of 20 EC of electives chosen from the Computer Science or the SCS programme.
- the SCS programme;
- a Master's Thesis Research Project (42 EC) in one of the LIACS research groups.
- For more information on the specific requirements of this specialisation, see the appendix of the Course and Examination Regulations
- Science Communication and Society e-Prospectus
- Science Communication and Society website
For specific questions about programme content, curriculum choices and/or study planning, please contact the study advisor: dr. Matthijs van Leeuwen.
For any other inquiries, please send an email to the programme coordinator: José Visser.